Tuesday, November 24, 2009

a little thought on JOY!

What Brings you JOY?

I had the most amazing experience living in the Manti 2nd Ward, I absolutely loved it.  I suppose it was about a year ago when the Relief Society had a Christmas Party I wasn't going to go because, my best friend wasn't going however, I decided to go anyway.  It was in a cabin behind the Manti Temple.  When I arrived there were my Releif Society Presidency who are so kind and compassionate.  I really miss them.  When everyone arrived they explained that we'd be painting 3 blocks and placing the letters "J" "O" "Y" on them.  You may paint them whatever colors you desire they said.  Well I painted a set for me and a set for my missing friend who wasn't there that night.  The Relief Society then served us dinner.  They prepared a program to invite the spirit for this holiday season.  We watched a movie about Christ, and a slide show of pictures that had been taken throughout that year of all of our sisters in the ward doing various things at various activities.
Then our sweet bishop Olsen shared some thoughts on "JOY".  He said "what brings you JOY?
Can you have JOY without Jesus?
Can you have JOY without Others?
Can you have JOY without Yourselves?
No you cannot.  Invite others to be with you this season as we celebrate what Jesus did for us.  I don't remember the whole message but, when I now look at those 3 blocks I think of Christ and recall the many blessings I have because of his teachings and example.
My dearest friend Sis. Melodee Bishop then shared about her "JOY" journal.  She has a little journal that stays out not put away in secret with the letters "JOY" on it.  She sits down everyday and just writes what brought her "JOY" that day.  I love it.  We all made one that night.  Oh, I miss all of you sisters in Manti.  And I think of you often.
Remember Christ this holiday season and everyday.  Remember the"JOY" that he brings into our homes and families.  Remember we wouldn't have CHRISTmas if it weren't for him.  So be thankful and rejoicing in this holiday season.  I have taken a challenge upon myself that I will share with you........
How many people in your life can you bring "JOY" to from now until, the end of the year.  I love my savior and I wanted to share that little thought with you.  Love, Karena

1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful gal! Just love ya to bits! Thanks for the thought...sometimes it's really easy to lose sight of Christmas for all the decor and presents and blah blah blah. Thanks for the reminder chickypoo. :)

    ReplyDelete