I have been pondering how it was before we were here on this earth
and the wars that were fought and all of the mom's, sister, & wives survived and they were
okay when their husbands were away. I think of the pioneers and how they had such hard
trials and they were okay. And the people today who live in other countries who don't
have the freedoms we do today. Just know that Freedom isn't Free...
Our brothers/fathers/son's/daughters/sisters/aunts/uncles/grandparents
are fighting to keep our country safe and to allow us to enjoy the blessings we've had for so long.
I have two of the best brothers I could ask for leaving their wives and their babies in June to serve ALL OF US AMERICANS , I pray for their safety, and for them to know how Thankful I am to them! I came across this poem while going through papers with my mom and wanted to log it in my blog! You might need a tissue or two.....
A Mother's Pride
I'm watching my son
As he's packing today,
he's going to serve his country,
A long time to stay...
My heart is filled with pride
As I look in his face,
I pray from my heart
He's in a safe place...
I want to tell him
That I love him so,
How much I will miss him
As off he does go....
I hope this country knows the sacrifices I make,
As my proudest possession
I allow them to take...
God surround him with Angels
Always staying near,
And help me to be strong
and please remove my fear.
by: Marilyn McGee
No comments:
Post a Comment